Monday 24 May 2010

Stacey: My Time...

Lacey Turner has been looking back on the five and half years she has spent playing Stacey Slater on EastEnders.


In an interview with magazine 
TV Times, Turner cited her favourite moments as ‘all the Bradley and Stacey stuff,’ adding ‘I love the fact that we became everyone’s favourite couple and working with Charlie [Clements] because we got on so well.’
Of her role’s biggest challenge, Stacey’s bipolar disorder, Lacey said, ‘The fact that it made a difference to a few people’s lives made it worthwhile… it was brilliant to be trusted with something so important.’

The young actress announced her decision to bow out of the soap just last month. But despite incredible popularity and success –winning 30 awards in total for her portrayal— Lacey is all too aware of the twist of fate that landed her with her role as the Slater cousin, and not the role of Demi Miller which she originally auditioned for.

Reflecting on that initial failed audition, Lacey told 
TV Times: ‘I remember them ringing me to tell me I hadn’t got that part [as Demi] and I went to bed upset. Now I’m so happy I got the part of Stacey because she’s a character who can be anywhere, with anyone and do anything.’

In an interview with 
Walford Web earlier this year, former Executive Producer Louise Berridge said she was ‘probably proudest of… introducing Lacey Turner as Stacey,’ and revealed that, ‘she didn’t work out for an audition for the Millers, but in a rare moment of inspiration I suggested to Tony Jordan she could make another Slater...’

And the rest, as they say, is history
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive