Monday 24 May 2010

Syed: Future For Him?

EastEnders actor Marc Elliott - who plays Syed Masood in the soap - has spoken out about his initial worry over the Syed and Christian storyline in the show. 


Chatting to 
whatsontv.co.uk on the red carpet at this year’s British Soap Awards, which were held in London on May 8th, Elliott revealed "I’ve had such an enourmous, juicy storyline. It’s been brilliant. I’ve had a big old marriage, a gay affair..."

He continued "Initially I was quite worried about [the gay plot]. The BBC was worried it was a bit taboo, a bit too ground breaking, maybe ruffle a few feathers. But I think the storyline’s had a fantastic reception, I think because of how well it’s been done."

Elliott went on to win the gong for Best Newcomer at the award
s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive